19 March 2009

With Arms Outstretched

I've had this one dream several nights in a row. I'm flying in the woods, everything is covered in a dark blue, almost magic light. All the trees and ferns look black but not menacing. I can feel them caressing my face and my arms as I glide by.

All of a sudden I can see a darker shadow in front of me. An owl with a wing span of several metres with huge round yellow eyes staring at me. Just as it's nearly crashing into me it lifts it's wings and flies above me and away, only a short "whooshing" sound as it disappears. My heart is racing, but weirdly enough I'm not scared, just amazed at how silent and quick it was.

This dream continues night after night. Nothing exiting happens, but it's just the serenity of the dream that fascinates me. It calms me down. Even now as I try to focus on it, my inner being is being soothed by the tranquility of the darkened forest, the dark indigo night and the gentle breeze from flying. All in all, a good nights' dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment