23 March 2009

All That You Can't Leave Behind

I started packing today. Or not so much packing than rummaging through my stuff to see what to save and what to throw away. See, for a still unknown couple of months my Daughter and I will have to live in our suitcases due to a burst water pipe in our flat. And the rest of our belongings will have to fit into a room the size of a peanut. All of our stuff! (Except for my sofa which, I'm grateful to say, one of my friends will rest his bum on for the extent of our homelessness...) (Thank you, H!)

The silly things that you can find while packing. Old Christmas cards from ex-boyfriends, make-up since long forgotten, cassette tapes (do they even exist anymore??) with yours truly singing Madonnas "This used to be my playground" (My God the horror...) and two workout DVD's that I'd pretended I'd lost after giving birth (return of the toned tummy *urgh*).

Next thing on my list of "stuff to sort out" is my life as a student. I've been skipping exams and reports that's supposed to be handed in. (Not that it's been all silly lies and stuff, my Daughter has been ill. But I might have faked a teeny tiny bit of a stomach bug to get out of some things that I forgot to study for...Oopsy...) But I'm getting back on track now. (Promise.)

Hereby I solemnly declare that I will not watch any more episodes of How I met your Mother (love love love Barney!!!) until I've got my life back on track...(Starting tomorrow...I just have one more episode to watch...). And I will not get any more take aways until I have enough money in my account to actually afford it (not counting the pizza we had tonight). And last but not least, I promise to get my ass to school (as of next week). And I always always stand by my word (well, most of the time anyways.)

"It's gonna be Legen.Wait for it...Dary!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment