28 June 2009

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

They say everything gets better with time. But I'm just hurting more and more. How will I make another 2 months without my Daughter?

She's refusing to speak to me on Skype, which I totally understand. She does exactly the same thing to her Dad when she's here. But it still hurts a little bit when she shouts 'no' down the phone and runs off.

Feel like crying but need to be strong, if I start I might not be able to stop. It's self pity and it won't help. She's happy and that's what's important!

The good news are that my ex's new girlfriend G wrote me a message on Facebook. It made me feel great. I'm glad she did. I mean, it's not like I want us to forge a friendship or anything. I just want us to get along, for everyone's sake.

My ex and I are (finally) on good terms (we had a tiny bit of a falling out two summers ago due to him not treating his girlfriend or me fairly) but that's all in the past. And I wouldn't want her and I to not get along... And what I really like about her is that she's really trying hard to get to know my Daughter. Really hard.

She's bought a Swedish phrase book and is learning Swedish so that they will be able to communicate (which is good since my little daughter is refusing to speak English at the moment... hahah stubborn little mite...)

I like the fact that my Daughter has got an extended family. What I don't like is the fact that her extended family is living so far away and that this takes my Daughter away from me.

(I know... I'm selfish!)

I miss her I miss her I miss her I miss her I miss her I miss her I miss her

2 comments:

  1. It's so understandable. No one knows but another mother how painful it is to be away from your children. It's such a void in your life when they're away. It's good that there are some good factors arising out of her little vacation:

    1. Your ex's girlfriend seems to be trying hard to spend time with your daughter
    2. You are teaching your daughter good family values and that regardles of how things are with her dad, you and he are united when it comes to making her feel loved.
    3. You have some time for yourself to concentrate on some self TLC. You deserve it!

    The time will fly fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nova!
    I'll try to think about that when I miss her too much.

    :D

    ReplyDelete