20 April 2009

Tranquilize

I've just got a job as a saleswoman at an electrical gods shop (Congratulations me!!); Tv's, computers, mobile phones, washing machines etc... My God, I had no idea how hard sales people had to work before. I mean, I've worked in shops (clothes, cosmetics) but not on commission, where everything you manage to sell will get you to bring more food to the table. Hmm, am not too sure this job is for me, but with the economy being what it is, I can't be too fussy, so I'm giving it a go.

The people I work for are nice, and so is the staff. Well, except for this one guy who keeps rubbing everyone the wrong way, accusing us for this, that and the other, for absolutely no reason. (Freak!)

(I bet he'll last long. Not!)

Anyhooo.

The guy that I dated for a while, the Cool Guy, knows some of the staff, so we met up. He now wants to take me out to lunch tomorrow. I'm still not too sure about him... I don't know if there's any spark between us whatsoever, except the fact that I think he's a nice guy who probably won't hurt me and treat me like a wash cloth. I just can't feel IT when I see him. He's very intense and lovely, but the cons are building up again. Like; he works late nights, he's travelling with work - ALOT, he travels for fun - ALOT and he seems too into being single really, though he says he wants a relationship. Might the real reason for him coming after me be that all of his friends are in relationships and having babies and he's not? And am I really willing to stay in this godforsaken town forever because he's stuck here because of his work?

Am I willing to have yet another boyfriend who spends almost every night at work, coming home late or not at all ( since working in the trade he's in, just like my Daughters Dad, means late nights and alot of drinks....)? Will I be satisfied staying at home with my Daughter when he goes on holidays abroad with his mates (just like I had to sit through with my Daughters Dad)?

I'm not so sure...

2 comments:

  1. The great news is that you have options. Try it out with him, see how it goes, and if things don't work out, you're not stuck with him. In the meantime, keep doing what you have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thing is...we've been friends for years before and I don't want to ruin our friendship- unfortunately I have this nagging feeling that he won't be able to take a no and just move on. He'll get pissed off and not talk to me, and that part sucks... Male pride and all that, you know...
    But we'll see...
    Thanks Nova!

    ReplyDelete